The Ryukyu tip-nosed frog ( Odorrana narina) is found in Northern Okinawa. This endemic frog is currently listed endangered on the IUCN red list. It’s biggest threat is habitat loss.
- Scientific name: Odorrana narina
- Common name: Ryukyu tip-nosed frog
- Distribution: Yanbaru forest, Northern Okinawa
- Habitat: Forest streams and mountain slopes
- Diet: Insects, centipedes and small invertebrates
- Average size: 50mm – 75mm
The Ryukyu tip-nosed frog is a medium sized frog. It hides in holes and crevices in the daytime.
It feeds during the night on small insects and centipedes.
Photographed on white for the Meet Your Neighbours global biodiversity project. All images are uses for conservation awareness and educational purposes.
It is sometimes found on roads searching for food after heavy rains.
Be careful and pay close attention to crossing wildlife.
Lets protect the wildlife of Okinawa!