The Asian grass frog ( Fejervarya limnocharis ) is found on Mainland Japan and most of the Ryukyu Islands. The warty frog is fairly common on Okinawa. It’s biggest threats are pesticide exposure and habitat loss.
- Scientific name: Fejervarya limnocharis
- Common name: Asian grass frog, marsh frog and common pond frog
- Distribution: Ryukyu Islands and Mainland Japan
- Habitat: Rice fields, ditches, marshes, parks and farm fields.
- Diet: Insects
- Average size: 45mm-75mm
- Color: light brown with a white belly
All images were taken with the Canon 70d EFS 10-18mm, Canon 60mm or Tokina fish-eye lens, Scroll down to subscribe to my blog posts -