” Fluorescence is the absorption of electromagnetic radiation (light) at one wavelength and its re-emission at another, longer wavelength ” Dr Charles Mazel. I attached a link to his website at the bottom of the page for more info.
In order to photograph fluorescence you will need a excitation source (blue light), barrier filter and a camera.
Underwater equipment used – Night dive at Kadena north ,Okinawa.
- Canon 70d * Canon 100macro lens
- Ikelite underwater housing
- 2 x Light&Motion Sola Nightsea blue lights
- 1 Light & Motion Sola 1200 red * 1 Sola 3800
- Light&Motion barrier filter and mask
Some of my favorite photographs from our night dive with the crew
* Please check out my older posts on Fluoro-diving, Capturing fluorescence and Fluoro fingerprinting
* Learn more about fluorescence with Dr Charles Mazel http://www.nightsea.com/
**Light&Motion Dive lights http://www.lightandmotion.com/choose-your-light/sola
Have a great day!